Common Problems | Chiropractor Cheltenham
A variety of symptoms can indicate an underlying cause that may be effectively treated by chiropractic treatment
Pain is usually what prompts a patient to visit initially and the following problems are commonly seen in clinic:
- Low Back pain, acute and chronic
- Neck pain, acute and chronic
- Headaches- Migraine and cervicogenic (neck-related)
- Pain associated with osteo-arthritis, especially hip and knee.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (tennis elbow)
- Pregnancy-related back and pelvic pain
- Car-accident neck sprains
- Frozen Shoulder
- Plantar fasciitis
- Knee pain
I am interested in finding out the root cause of pain and hope to treat that, not simply the symptoms. Pain can be the last symptom of dysfunction so getting regularly adjusted can help prevent painful episodes.
Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report Gert Bronfort, Mitch Haas, Roni Evans, Brent Leininger and Jay Triano. Chiropractic & Osteopathy 2010, 18:13 doi: 10.1186/1746-1340-18-3
The Effectiveness and Cost Effectiveness of Chiropractic Management of Low-Back Pain (The Manga Report). Pran Manga and Associates (1993) - University of Ottowa, Canada.
Clinical practice implications of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and its Associated Disorders: from concepts and findings to recommendations. Guzman J, Haldeman S, Carroll LJ, et al. Spine 2008;33(4 Suppl):S199-213